1. 1 pound of Ground beefalo
(if frozen defrost in the refrigerator overnight).
2. 1 raw egg.
3. Half of an onion, chopped finely.
4. Add Salt, Pepper, & Paprika to your preference.
5. Mix all together in a bowl.
6. Serve with your favorite condiments and bread.
7. If there's any left over, mold into a burger pattie then freeze them.
Now you have beefalo burgers for the grill.
Beefalo Brisket Bavarian style
My husband's trip to Germany was canceled and he seems a little homesick not being able to visit his children and family. So I decided to make a dinner Bavarian style.
1. I took a large brisket and seasoned with spices that we like. Seasoned salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder.
2. I placed it on a hot grill outside and got it very charred on both sides.
3. Then brought it into the house and placed it into a crock pot with a bottle of red wine, 2 peeled apples chopped up, crushed garlic, a can of diced tomatoes, chopped onion and again the spices of seasoned salt, pepper, paprika.
4. Make sure the brisket is completely covered with liquid. Cook on high for about 3 hours.
5. After the brisket is fully cooked and the meat is tender thicken the liquid with milk and corn starch and continue to simmer until the liquid is a thick gravy..
6. keep the brisket in the gravy until you are ready to slice and serve. This will keep the brisket moist and prevent it from drying out.
I served it with hot red sour kraut and Spaetzle which I brought back from Germany with me on my last trip. He loved it!! We also had the leftovers for lunch the next day and I made brisket salad for dinner per his request. That is another recipe I will share with you soon!
Beefalo Steak Crepes
When I traveled to France I fell in love with Crepes. Crepes can be filled with almost anything and one of my favorites is a steak crepe.. You can use any left over meat from a meal you have made. I have used left over brisket, chuck roast and sirloin steak for the crepes. The crepe pancakes is the first thing you make.
1. The batter must be mixed like pancake batter, whisk Flour, eggs, milk, salt and add water to thin it out. Make sure it is mixed well.
2. I have a Cathelan crepe pan that makes the perfect size crepes. You can use a shallow pan about 8 inches wide.
3. With the pan on the stove on medium, butter the pan and pour a very thin layer of batter around the entire bottom of the pan.
4. Flip the Crepe on the other side and remove from the pan when it is lightly brown on both sides and place on a plate.
5. Repeat until you make enough for a meal; I usually make 2 crepes per person.
6. The filling is made with the meat shredded or cut very thin into small pieces with diced onions and mushrooms. I use garlic, pepper and salt for spices.
7. After this ingredient is sauteed scoop a small amount in the center of each crepe saving any juice for the gravy you will be making.
8. Roll the crepes and place 2 on each serving plate beside each other.
9. You will now need to make the gravy by mixing in the pan that you cooked the meat with milk and corn starch to thicken the sauce.
10. After it is cooked to a gravy pour on top of the folded crepes and serve..
Beefalo French Onion Soup
Chuck Roast With Vegetables
Beefalo birds nest breakfast
If you want to make the most unforgettable breakfast try this recipe. Your family and friends will be talking about how creative the breakfast was. When I was a child my mother would make birds nest eggs With a piece of bread and she would take a shot glass and carve a hole in the middle of the bread for the egg to fit into and cook. I have created an over the edge birds nest basket.
1. Everyone loves filo dough so I use the Puff pastry shells sold in the frozen food department of the grocery store, an image of the pastries is shown below. You cook the pastry puff shells in the oven per the instructions. After it is cooked you remove the center ready to fill.
2. I take some ground beefalo and build up the side walls around the inside hole of the pastry shell. This allows you to have more room to fill in the center.
3. Place it back in the oven till the ground beefalo is cooked.
4. Remove from the oven and break a egg in the center of the pastry shell.
5. Place the filled pastry shell back in the oven and bake until the egg is cooked the way you like.
You can also be creative and put something else in the center. One young shopper helped me come up with an idea for children or someone that does not eat eggs can enjoy. You can fill the center with macaroni and cheese... I will try that the next time I make this creative recipe.
Stuffed Cabbage (ground beefalo)
Sunny side Up Beefalo Meat Soup